It’s important, before detailing Johor tertiary institutions, to consider some overview. The growing state of Johor is the third largest state in Malaysia with its capital at Johor Bahru.
It lies at the southernmost part of Malaysia from where Singapore can be accessed by road. The state has a population of over three million people situated in an area over nineteen thousand square kilometers
(Department of Statistics Malaysia 2010, Johor State Government 2010).
In addition to the great tourism potential of Johor, it also boasts of outstanding tertiary institutions. Its institutions are listed below.
Johor tertiary institutions
1. Olympia college (campuses in Johor Bahru, Kuala Lumpur, Petalling Jaya, Ipoh, Kuantan and Penang)
2. Universiti Kuala Lumpur (campuses in Selangor, Johor, Kedah, Malacca and Perak)
3. ELS language center (campuses in Subang Jaya, Penang, Johor, Kuala Lumpur and Petalling Jaya)
4. Universiti Tecknologi Malaysia
5. Institute Sains Dan Teknologi Darul Takzim (INSTEDT)
6. Institute Teknologi Perindustrian YPJ
7. Metropoint college
8. Reliance college (campuses in Kuala Lumpur, Penang and Johor Bahru)
9. SAL group of colleges (campuses in Kuala Lumpur and Johor Bahru)
10. Sunway college
11. Tunku Abdul Rahman college (campuses in Sabah, Perak, Johor, Pahang, Penang and Kuala Lumpur).
12. Southern college
13. Kolej Aman
14. I-systems Group of colleges (campuses in Miri, Kuching, Kuala Lumpur, Klang, Johor Bahru)
15. Rima college (Kuala Lumpur, Johor Bahru and Penang)
16. Crescendo International college
17. Masterskill University College (campuses in Kedah, Selangor, Johor, Kelantan, Perak, Kuala Lumpur, Sarawak and Sabah)
18. Newcastle University Medicine Malaysia
If you are interested in gainning admission into any of these universities and colleges, take advantage of our free service.
Government organization of Johor State
The constitutional head of Johor is the Sultan. Johor is a developing state and is currently the only state in Malaysia that maintains its own military force.
The state government is headed by the Chief Minister. The Johor state assembly - the legislative branch of government - develops laws on issues pertaining to the state.
The executive branch of government advises the Chief Minister on important state decisions. Moreover, the state is divided into districts for ease of administration and people representation
(Johor State Government 2010).
Johor is an education friendly state. It maintains education programs to improve the literacy rate of its people. Study in Johor is encouraged and a community college is available for the less privileged.
Department of Statistics 2010, Basic population characteristics by administration districts, Department of statistics, Malaysia.
Johor State Government 2010, Government, Johor State Government, Malaysia.
Have you made up your mind on your favorite institutions? Begin the admission process here.