Before listing Kelantan tertiary institutions, Kelantan is a Malaysian state that is also known in Arabic as ‘Darul Naim’ which means ‘Blissful Abode’. It is not unusual to see ‘Kelantan Darul Naim’.
Kelantan is located in the Northeastern part of Peninsular Malaysia and shares its border with the states of Perak, Pahang, Terengganu and the country of Thailand. It has its capital at Kota Bharu.
The state has a population of approximately one million six hundred thousand people situated in an area about fifteen thousand square kilometers (Department of Statistics Malaysia 2010, Kelantan State Government 2011).
In addition to its cultural popularity, many outstanding tertiary institutions are located in the state. Its tertiary institutions are listed below.
Tertiary institutions in Kelantan
1. PTPL Group of colleges (campuses in Ampang, Kota Bharu, Penang, Sabah, Sarawak, Seremban, Shah Alam, Terengganu)
2. International University College of Technology Twintech (campuses in Kota Bharu, Sabah and Kuala Lumpur)
3. Sultan Ismail Petra International Islamic College (KIAS)
4. Islamic College of Science and Technology (KIST) (campuses in Kota Kinabalu, Kelantan, Sabah, Terengganu and Sarawak)
5. JAIPUTRA College (Jamiah Islamiah Putra)
6. Kolej Teknologi DarulNaim
7. Universiti Malaysia Kelantan
8. Masterskill University College (campuses in Kedah, Selangor, Johor, Kelantan, Perak, Kuala Lumpur, Sarawak and Sabah)
If you are interested in gaining admissions into any of these universities and colleges, take advantage of our free service.
Kelantan State Government structure
Kelantan is divided into 10 districts namely Bachok, Kota Bharu, Machang, Pasir Mas, Pasir Puteh, Tanah Merah, Tumpat, Gua usang, Kuala Krai and Jeli.
The Sultan of Kelantan and other appointed members by the Sultan constitutes the executive council of the state. Kelantan state assembly is the legislative arm of the state that makes laws on issues affecting the state (Kelantan State Government 2011).
Tertiary institutions in Kelantan are regulated by the Malaysian Department of Higher Education that ensure industry best practices are upheld.
Department of Statistics 2010, Basic population characteristics by administration districts, Department of statistics,Malaysia
Kelantan State Government 2011, Government, Kelantan State Government, Malaysia.
Have you made up your mind on your favorite institutions? Begin the admission process here.