Melaka tertiary institutions are notable as other tertiary institutions in other states in Malaysia.
As an overview, Melaka borders the states of Negeri- Sembilan in the North and Johor in the south.
Melaka has a population of over seven hundred and fifty thousand people within an area of over one thousand six hundred square kilometers (Department of Statistics Malaysia 2011, Melaka State Government 2011).
In addition to its financial function, tertiary institutions located in the city are listed below.
Melaka tertiary institutions
1. Multimedia University (campuses in Cyberjaya and Melaka)
2. Pusat Latihan Teknologi Tinggi (ADTEC) (campuses in Melaka, Shah Alam, Kuantan, Kota Bharu)
3. Stamford University College (campuses in Selangor and Melaka)
4. Universiti Kuala Lumpur (UniKL)
5. Universiti Teknikal Malaysia Melaka (UTeM)
6. Cosmopoint International College of Technology (campuses in Selangor, Perak, Negeri Sembilan,Kedah, Pahang, Johor, Kedah, Kelantan, Melaka, Penang, Sarawak and Terengganu)
7. PUTRA International College
8. Akademi Laut Malaysia (campuses in Melaka and Terengganu)
If you are interested in gaining admissions into any of these universities and colleges, take advantage of our free service.
Melaka State Administrative structure
Melaka is divided into three districts namely Melaka Tengah, Alor Gajah and Jasin. The state is headed by a Governor that interfaces with the State legislative assembly and Executive Council.
The Executive Council is headed by a Chief Minister. The Chief Minister in association with other state senior officials runs the administration of Melaka through its various specialized departments and agencies.
The state legislative assembly concerns with the legislations, decrees and polices relevant to the functioning of the state. The Governor provides general oversight into all the functions of the state.
The Executive Council functions by carrying out activities such as promoting tourism, improving rural infrastructure, sports, transportation, sanitation, beautification of the territory and all functions of a local planning authority.
District Municipal Authorities exists in each of the district to assist in the administration of the state. The function of the municipal authorities is overseen by the state (Melaka State Government 2011).
Tertiary institutions in Melaka are regulated by the Malaysian Department of Higher Education and welcome students like most other states in Malaysia.
Department of Statistics 2011, Basic population characteristics by administration districts, Department of statistics, Malaysia.
Melaka State Government 2011, About Melaka, Melaka State Government, Malaysia.
Have you made up your mind on your favorite institutions? Begin the admissions process here.