Perak tertiary institutions reside in the second largest state in Peninsula Malaysia by size. Ipoh is the capital of Perak.
Perak borders Kedah and the country of Thailand In the north, Selangor in the south, Kelantan and Pahang to the east and straits of Melaka to the west.
Perak has a population of a little over two million four hundred thousand people within an area of a little over twenty-one thousand square kilometers (Department of Statistics Malaysia 2011, Perak State Government 2011).
In addition to its industry, tertiary institutions located in the state are listed below.
Perak tertiary institutions
1. Olympia College (campuses in Pahang, Kuala Lumpur, Penang, Johor, Perak and Selangor)
2. Universiti Kuala Lumpur Malaysian Institute of Marine Engineering Technology and Royal College of Medicine (campuses in Kuala Lumpur, Selangor, Malacca, Perak, Kedah and Johor)
3. Universiti Pedidikan Sultan Idris
4. Universiti Teknologi Petronas
5. Maxwell College
6. Institute Teknologi Perak
7. TAJ International College
8. Cosmopoint International College of Technology (Selangor, Negeri Sembilan, Perak, Kedah, Pahang, Johor, Sabah, Kelantan, Melaka, Penang, Sarawak and Terengganu)
9. Kolej WIT (campuses in Selangor and Perak)
10. Sunway College Ipoh
11. Tunku Abdul Rahman College (campuses in Kuala Lumpur, Penang, Perak, Johor, Pahang and Sabah)
12. Universiti Tunku Abdul Rahman (UTAR) (campuses in Selangor and Perak)
13. Masterskill University College (campuses in Kedah, Selangor, Johor, Kelantan, Perak, Kuala Lumpur, Sarawak and Sabah)
If you are interested in gaining admissions into any of these universities and colleges, take advantage of our free service.
Perak State Administrative structure
Perak state is divided into nine districts (by population) namely Batang Padang, Manjung,Kinta, Kerian, Kuala kangsar, Laut & Matang, Hilir Perak, Ulu Perak and Perak Tenggah.
The constitutional leader of the state is the Sultan. The Sultan oversees the entire Executive Council. The Sultan appoints the Head of the Executive Council together with the Executive Council members from the State Assembly.
The Executive Council is headed by a Chief Minister. The Chief Minister in association with other state Executive Council members administer Perak through its various specialized departments and agencies.
These departments and units function by carrying out activities such as promoting tourism, improving state works and infrastructure, social welfare, town planning, agricultural and mines development and beautification of the territory.
The state legislative assembly concerns with the legislations and polices relevant to the functioning of the state. Each of the nine districts has a local municipal council that provides oversight to the communities in it (Perak State Government 2011).
Tertiary institutions in Perak are regulated by the Malaysian Department of Higher Education that ensure tertiary institutions maintain industry benchmarks in education service practices.
Department of Statistics 2011, Basic population characteristics by administration districts, Department of statistics, Malaysia.
Perak State Government 2011, State Government, Perak State Government, Malaysia.
Have you made up your mind on your favorite institutions? Begin the admission process here.